Our origins starting as a meal prep delivery business in Hamilton, Ontario have us reflecting from a unique perspective about how far we’ve come pivoting into becoming the best meal prep software. What worked for scaling our business may not have worked for others, so we have to constantly stay connected with our clients to learn from you and listen to what features or workflows were needed to be successful.
First and foremost, we want to express our heartfelt gratitude to each and every one of you for choosing to partner with us and for your continued support. Your trust in our meal prep software has allowed us to help you streamline your operations, save time, and grow your business. We are truly grateful to be a part of your journey and to have the opportunity to serve you.
Looking back at the past year, it’s clear that the meal prep delivery industry has faced unprecedented challenges. The COVID-19 pandemic has greatly impacted the way we do business, and we have all had to adapt and pivot in ways we never could have imagined. Despite these challenges, we have seen our clients rise to the occasion and continue to deliver delicious, healthy meals to their customers. We are so proud of the resilience and determination that our clients have shown, and we are grateful to have been able to support you through these difficult times.
We’re amazed at all that we have accomplished together with our amazing clients in 2022 and couldn’t be more excited to take our clients to new heights in 2023.
So, THANK YOU!
Our goal this year was simple: to save you time, help build loyal meal prep customers, and grow your business with KitchenFuel.Christopher Luxton, CEO
As we move into 2023, we are filled with optimism for the future of the meal prep delivery industry. The demand for convenient, healthy meals is only increasing, and we believe that our clients are perfectly positioned to capitalize on this trend. With the powerful tools and features provided by KitchenFuel, we are confident that you will be able to take your business to new heights in the coming year.
Let’s take a moment to review the new KitchenFuel features added this past year based on the great feedback our clients gave (in case you missed it)!
2022 KitchenFuel Updates
These highlights lay the foundation to be able to better support our clients and increase the overall size of the meal prep industry as a whole. We need to educate end-users and consumers on the value meal prep companies bring them with a variety of healthy and socially conscious meal options to make nutrition easy for everyone to achieve their goals.
Some highlights include:
- Expanding into a few new markets (Asia, Europe & some new US states)
- Adding new verticals to support Restaurants and Caterers
- Launching KF 2.0 to improve data analytics
Subscription-based meal prep delivery remains our core focus and helping these companies achieve operational efficiency through high employee attrition in 2022 was brought to the forefront quickly. The best meal prep software must enable owners to thrive through time-saving and money-making. We’re committed to having the best meal prep companies around the world be Powered by KitchenFuel.
Creating operational efficiency to streamline processes
We saved countless hours each week with some incredible new features to automate your prep and make running your business much smoother.
New operations features:
- Ingredient Shopping Lists: No need to add up the meals for a prep period, find similar ingredients and add them up in excel… use our aggregated shopping list to bulk buy ingredients with ease.
- Nutritionix Macro Calculator: Save hours building new menus by auto-calculating macronutrients from your inputted recipes with the click of a button.
- Bag/Box Labels: Reduce manual packaging errors with labels to communicate effectively across kitchen staff and delivery drivers.
More ways to connect with consumers
Food is at the center of the household and there are countless options out there so it’s important to show your customers how you can impact their lives and why YOU are the right meal prep service to achieve their goals. Communication is key in marketing meal prep businesses to engage customers often and stay top of mind.
New marketing features:
- SMS/Texting Integration: Connect with consumers where they spend most of their time and break through the noise with a multi-channel strategy.
- Marketing Campaign Manager: Send emails or texts at the perfect time, backed by data. Convert abandoned carts or win back customers that haven’t ordered in a while. The possibilities are endless.
- Social Proof: Connect Google Reviews and embed your Instagram Feeds to show customer-love and create brand affinity.
- Launched a Blogging Tool: Offer value to consumers with new recipes, meal prepping tips or company updates. Post them to Linked-In automatically to connect with a different audience and maximize your reach.
Create better ordering experiences
KitchenFuel enabled customers to place orders with ease, increasing conversion rates. We know customers a) are too busy to waste time ordering every week, b) want the freshest meals possible, and c) value the chefs that keep ’em healthy. It’s with this deep understanding of the needs of meal preppers that we customized new features to support those goals.
New customer-facing features:
- Split Deliveries Between Dates: One Subscription. Multiple Dates. We heard the need for splitting up a subscription between two (or more) deliveries to ensure meals stay fresh and built an intuitive cart to add meals to specific delivery dates available.
- Allergen Tag Filtering: Added the ability to hide/show meals based on ingredient preferences so consumers can be super informed and aware of potential allergies.
- Digital Wallets: More ways to pay with ease and earn cashback rewards. Especially useful in countries without credit card tokenization capabilities to allow for subscription charges!
- Tips at Checkout: DoorDash and Uber Eats can’t have all the fun with tips… now collect tips for drivers or thank you’s to the talented chefs.
2023 Roadmap Planning
It’s time to look to the future in 2023, focusing on increasing your earnings per customer. Our commitment to saving you time through automation will still hold true, but next year will revolve around enhancing your customers’ ordering experience and building brand loyalty. Expect advanced upsell tactics, more intuitive subscriptions, and more ways to grow your business.
Some updates to look forward to:
- New ways to upsell meals, sides, and other add-ons
- Increased visibility in the meal selection process for subscribers each week
- New corporate ordering programs for B2B partnerships
- New ways to add customer fees to offset inflated ingredient costs
- Simplified workflows in our new Admin Dashboard 3.0
- Improved analytics functions to analyze business health
- New pricing plans coming soon to make getting started more accessible
Have ideas on how we can improve to better support you? Get in touch at email@example.com with your ideas, we can’t wait to hear them!
Cheers to selling more meals in 2023
We are excited about the new innovations and updates that we will be rolling out in 2023. Our team is constantly working to improve and enhance our software, and we can’t wait to share these updates with you. We are committed to providing you with the best possible support and resources to help your business succeed.
Top resources of the year:
In conclusion, we just want to say thank you again for choosing KitchenFuel and for your continued support. We are so grateful to have you as our clients and we can’t wait to see all that we will accomplish together in 2023. Here’s to a bright future Powered by KitchenFuel!
Happy New Year,
The KitchenFuel Team
Want to Grow Your Meal Prep Company in 2023?