KitchenFuel Knowledge Base
How to Refund an Order
Depending on your refund policy, you may want to create a refund for an order misplaced or if there was unsatisfactory delivery of the meals to maintain a high level of customer service.
- Check: Review the documentation or support of your payment gateway on whether automatic refunds are available. Most automatic payments fully support this.
- Scope: Refunds normally extend to products, taxes, and shipping fees. However, transaction fees charged by the payment gateway will likely be lost and not refunded.
Once you have confirmed that your payment gateway can process refunds you are ready to take the next steps.
- Go to: WooCommerce > Orders.
- Select the order to refund.
- Go to the order summary, and select “Refund” to start.
- Specify the quantity of the product(s) to be refunded in the text box(es) that appear for each line item. The refund amount will automatically adjust based on the products refunded. If inventory levels are not managed, you can also enter the Refund amount, without adjusting the product quantity.
- If the quantities of items are not set when issuing a refund then the order is not marked as refunded and the email that is sent will say “partial refund.”
- Add refund notes, if desired.
- Select “Refund $XX.XX via [your gateway]”.
How do I know if it worked?
The Order Notes in the right sidebar will log refunds. Keep an eye on the order notes to learn if it’s been logged or if there’s an error message. A successful “Refunded” message in order notes concludes the refund.